Flyers Skate Zone – COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Welcome back! We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect you, our athletes, coaches, instructors, referees, parents/caregivers, spectators and employees in order to enable a safe return to our facilities. Our policies and procedures are compliant with federal, state, and local orders, and implement recommendations and guidance set forth by the CDC and other health organizations.
CONTACT-FREE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
We strongly encourage all participants to register and pay in advance online through FlyersSkateZone.com.
SELF-SCREENING PRIOR TO ENTRY:
We respectfully request that the following guests not enter the facility:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea);
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
- Guests who have traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
All guests (over the age of 2) and employees must wear a protective facial covering (one which fully covers their mouth and nose) upon entering the facility and at all times while inside the facility, except while skating. Guests who arrive at the Flyers Skate Zone without an acceptable facial covering will be denied entry.
All guests will be expected to maintain a distance of six (6) feet from others, whenever possible.
HAND CLEANING AND SANITIZING:
It is recommended that all guests should wash or sanitize their hands frequently while in the facility. Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the facility to assist guests with hand hygiene.
FACILITY TRAFFIC FLOW:
All guests will be required to follow designated traffic flow directions and markings, including when entering and exiting the building; dressing/locker rooms; restrooms; and ice surface
PARTICIPANT ENTRY PROCEDURES:
- Participants will be permitted to enter the facility 15 minutes before their scheduled session. Anyone who arrives early must wait outside the facility until the appropriate time to enter.
- In accordance with CDC Guidelines and Considerations for Youth Sports, the number of non-essential spectators and volunteers inside the facility is limited.
- Participants aged 11 and older should be dropped off at the facility and picked up after the session. Parents/caregivers should not be inside the facility unless there is an immediate need.
- For participants aged 10 and younger, one (1) parent/caregiver per participant may enter the facility to tie his/her child's skates and help the child finish getting dressed. Once dressing assistance has been provided, the parent/caregiver should exit the facility and wait until the scheduled end-time of the on-ice session to re-enter the facility to help the child remove his/her skates.
- Any parent/caregiver with a medical need or other pressing reason to remain inside the facility during his/her child's session must notify the child's coach and rink staff prior to arriving at the facility.
PARTICIPANT’S EQUIPMENT DRESSING POLICIES:
- Access to dressing rooms/locker rooms will be limited. Participants should enter the facility wearing all equipment except for:
- Goalie Pads
- Hockey gloves
- Space will be designated for participants to put on skates, gloves, helmet, and goalie pads as well as to remove such equipment upon completion of the on-ice session.
- Participants will have 10 minutes to remove equipment before exiting the facility.
- Showers are not available at this time for any public use.
PARTICIPANT’S ADDITIONAL BELONGINGS POLICY:
- Any personal belongings must remain in participant’s bag, which may be stored in a designated area while participant is engaging in an on-ice activity.
- All participants are required to bring their own water bottle, which shall be filled prior to entering the facility.
- All participants that use a towel will must bring their own. All towels shall be kept in participant’s bag when not in use.
ON-ICE PARTICIPATION PROCEDURES:
- Coaches, instructors and other support personnel must wear face masks, when possible.
- Coaches, instructors, and other support personal must maintain six feet of physical distance from all others, when possible.
- No spitting on the ice nor anywhere inside the facility.
- Player benches may be unavailable during the initial stages of reopening.
Gear Zone- COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Customers may purchase items over the phone to be picked up curbside, where available.
No returns will be accepted on the following items: apparel or undergarments (including face masks); helmets or facial protection; used protective gear. Any item accepted for return must have original tags attached.
UNIFORM FITTINGS FOR YOUTH CLUBS:
Fitting appointments must be scheduled in advance by the team, and each individual player will be assigned a five minute time slot. Fittings cannot be scheduled until the team’s roster is finalized. Only one family will be permitted in the fitting space at a time. Fittings will be contact-free between families/players and Gear Zone staff.
In an effort to reduce the number of in-person fittings, customers will be offered the opportunity to place uniform orders online, via Gearware webstores.